Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food classic which no one can resist. This recipe of lasagna is loaded with plenty of sauteed spinach, cheese, layers of noodles, marinara sauce and what not to make it a perfect vegetarian main course option for feeding a large family.
How To Make Lasagna With Spinach?
This recipe highlights simple fresh ingredients as traditional Italian recipes commonly do, leaving you with a mouthful of savory and delicious goodness. So let’s go jump to ingredients!
For the filling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
For the filling
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Put as much spinach in the pan as will fit, then heat it until it wilts. Up until it has completely wilted, keep adding handfuls of spinach to the pan. To taste, add salt and pepper to the food.
- After allowing the spinach to cool slightly, squeeze any remaining water from it. Chop the spinach roughly.
- A large bowl should be used to combine the spinach, ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of noodles, then spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top the cheese mixture with 1/3 of the marinara sauce.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the marinara sauce.
- Cover the lasagna with foil, then bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover the lasagna, then add the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Sprinkle lasagna with parsley. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
Tips For Lasagna Recipes With Spinach
- Use freshly shredded cheese, instead of a bag of pre-shredded cheese which contains anti caking agents and does not melt smoothly.
- It is usually recommended to use whole milk ricotta and mozzarella cheese for the best flavor.
- Make sure to squeeze all the excess water out of the cooked spinach. This will prevent your lasagna from getting watery as it bakes.
For more delicious recipes to check
- This dish can be assembled up to 6 hours before you plan to bake it. Store it covered in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. You can store any leftover lasagna in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat a pan of refrigerated lasagna in the oven, simply cover it with foil and bake it at 350 degrees F which will take around 30-40 minutes most likely.
- Calories: 364kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 814mg
- Potassium: 512mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin A: 2450IU
- Vitamin C: 22mg
- Calcium: 315mg
- Iron: 2mg
Nothing can ever go wrong with this elite Spinach Lasagna recipe that will delight your friends and family and is perfect for parties, pot lucks and everyday dinners! Try the recipe today and do let us know about your experience.