Fried apricot hand pies are a delicious, sweet delicacy that is great for picnics and packed in lunches. These tiny pies can be eaten without using any utensils. Here is we providing you the easiest recipe to go with.
Prep Time : 25 minutes
Cook Time : 45 minutes
Total Time : 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 ounces dried apricots
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a saucepan, add the apricots and at least 1 inch of water. After bringing to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer. Apricots should soften after 20 to 25 minutes of cooking. Empty the apricots.
- Warm apricots should be combined with sugar, butter, cinnamon, and a food processor with a knife blade. Processing ends when the mixture resembles jam.
- Make rounds of 4- to 5-inch pie crusts.
- Each round should include around 1 spoonful of apricot filling. With water, dampen the edges.
- Rounds are folded in half, then the edges are forked together.
- A big cast iron skillet or sauté pan should be filled with oil to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Heat oil to 375°F.
- Pies should be fried one or two at a time until golden brown, rotating once or twice to ensure even browning. Pies should be moved to a dish or baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- If more oil is required in between batches, add it to the skillet.
Leftover Fried apricot hand pies filling can be used the same as preserves or jam. Keep chilled in a sealed container.
For more delicious recipes to check