One of the earliest varieties of pasta, lasagna, also known as lasagna Soup, is formed of very wide, flat sheets. Either phrase can also be used to describe an Italian dish that consists of stacked layers of lasagna sandwiched between ingredients such as ragu (ground meats and tomato sauce), bechamel sauce, vegetables, cheese (including ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan), and seasonings and spices.
HOW TO MAKE THE EASY LASAGNA SOUP?
It only takes a few minutes to brown your beef, add the ingredients, and simmer this simple lasagna soup until the cheeses are melted and the sauce is thick with garlic, onion, and Italian seasonings. Drool. You may never eat lasagna Soup the same way again!
- SERVINGS: 6 -8 SERVINGS
- TOTAL TIME:50 MINS
- PREP TIME:10 MINS
- COOK TIME:40 MINS
- 1 pound lean ground beef or half Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/24 oz. jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 8-10 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tsp (each)dried parsley, dried oregano, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream(optional)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Over medium-high heat, preheat a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Stirring occasionally, add the steak and onion and cook until the beef is browned. Saute for 30 seconds after adding the garlic and red pepper flakes. Drain away any extra fat.
- Add Prego Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices, bay leaf and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Throw away the bay leaf and stir in 2-4 cups of chicken stock and heavy cream, if preferred, to achieve the appropriate consistency.
- Serve each plate with the required number of cheeses as a garnish.
This easy lasagna soup has all of the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work! A one-pot meal that’s ideal for a busy weekday! Try the recipe today.
For more delicious recipes to check