Make the finest banana bread recipe ever with those luscious bananas. It can be made quickly in one bowl without a mixer and is delicious and moist.
Banana bread recipe made easy
The best thing about this banana bread recipe is that a fancy mixer is not required! You only need a mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs, and a sturdy spoon to stir the batter. The amount of sugar is also flexible.
- Prep time : 10 mins
- Cook time : 60 mins
- Total time : 70 mins
- 2 to 3 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup (76g) butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
- 1 pinch salt, 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
- Prepare the pan and preheat the oven: Drizzle an 8 × 4-inch loaf pan with butter and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl before being combined with butter. The mashed bananas should be combined with the melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes at 350°F (175°C), or until a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Streaks of wet batter are unacceptable, while a few dry crumbs are acceptable. Loosely tent the loaf with foil and continue baking it until it’s fully done if the exterior of the loaf is browned but the middle is still damp.
- Remove from oven, then allow to cool in the pan for a while. After that, take the banana bread out of the pan and allow it to cool completely before cutting. Slice and present. (A bread knife is useful for cutting slices that won’t crumble.)
The banana bread will remain fresh at room temperature for 4 days if properly wrapped. You can freeze or refrigerate the bread for longer storage for up to 5 days.
Is Banana Bread Healthy?
Banana bread is popular with both children and adults due to its sweet flavor and soft texture. This baked product is frequently seen as a healthy dessert option because it is loaded with bananas; in fact, it may be healthier than other baked goods.
- Calories: 421
- Fat: 15.8 grams
- Carbs: 68.4 grams
- Protein: 5.3 grams
- Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Sugar: 42.1 grams
- Sodium: 298 mg
You can see that this classic banana bread is low in protein and fiber and rich in calories, carbohydrates, and added sugar but overall, most varieties are a healthy source of important vitamins and minerals. For example, bananas are rich in potassium and vitamin B6. Additionally, if you use enriched flour to bake your banana bread, it will contain iron as well as B vitamins like riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid.
Health tip to follow
There are numerous banana bread recipes available for you to browse, regardless of the dietary regimen you adhere to. By utilizing low-carb flours like almond and coconut and lowering the quantity of added sugar in the recipe, you can bake banana bread with fewer carbs.