A handmade alfredo sauce packed with parmesan is used to make this rich, creamy, and delectable Chicken Alfredo Lasagna recipe. This chicken lasagna is simple to make, can be made in advance, and can be served for any occasion.
(for 6 servings)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream(480 mL)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese(55 g)
- 1 cup fresh parsley(35 g), chopped
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese(200 g)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise, then season with 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a big pan with high heat, heat the oil. Sear the chicken for about a minute on each side. Later, they will finish cooking in the oven.
- In the residual oil (drain some if necessary), toss in the garlic and onions, stirring constantly until the mixture has started to brown.
- Pour in the cream, stir until it starts to boil, then add the parmesan and parsley.
- Cook for 1 additional minute, then remove from heat.
- In a 9″ x 13″ (23cm x 33cm) rectangular baking pan, spread about ¼ of the cream mixture on the bottom.
- Lay enough lasagna noodles to cover the sauce, then spread about ½ of the remaining cream mixture on top.
- Place enough chicken breasts to cover the sauce, then sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, followed by half of the bacon and half of the parsley.
- Repeat the layers once more, starting with noodles, sauce, chicken, bacon, parsley, and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, slice, and serve!
How to freeze lasagna ?
- Both baked and unbaked lasagna can really be frozen. Prior to freezing, make sure the lasagna is assembled in a disposable aluminum baking dish.
- To ensure a fresh taste later on, wrap the lasagna several times in foil or plastic wrap before putting it in the freezer. The lasagna can be frozen for up to three months.
- Total Fat 58g
- Saturated Fat 27g
- Cholesterol 157mg
- Sodium 1764mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 7g
- Protein 55g
- Vitamin C 4mg
- Calcium 894mg
- Iron 4mg
- Potassium 569mg
Because homemade lasagna is happiness, your family and friends will be begging you to make more of this wonderful take on a classic recipe. So try out this recipe today and enjoy your wholesome and delicious meal together!
For more delicious recipes to check